Romans 3:23 says, “For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God.”
- God’s glory is a compiling of all His attributes. God is the creator and sustainer of time and life. God determines what is right and wrong and God is without sin. He is holy or completely pure.
- “All” represents men who appear moral to other men and men who appear sinful to other men. Both moral and immoral men have “come short” or fallen short of God and His standards. The point here in Romans is religious men, good men, and sinners are all the same because they all fall short of the Creator.
- Don’t compare yourself to others. Read Luke 18:9-14
- How do you compare before God?
Romans 3:24 says, “being justified freely by His grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus.”
- “Being justified” means everyone who becomes a Christian must be made right by God through faith, verse 25, and not by what we preform. Read Ephesian 2:8,9.
- We must believe in Jesus only as our deliver of our sins. Read John 14:6
- We must believe Jesus died, was buried and rose again. The shedding of His blood on the cross redeems those who believe from their sins.
- Do you believe only in Jesus as the free gift of Salvation?
Romans 6:23 says, “For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.”
- The reward of our sinful works is eternal punishment in Hell. Read Luke 16:19-31 and Revelation 20:11-15; 21:5-8.
- On the other hand, those who believe, trust, or have faith in “Christ Jesus our Lord” inherit eternal life, heaven.
- Take time now to talk to God about your relationship with Him.
- Contact us, call us, or visit our assembly and let us know you have believed in Jesus as your Lord and Savior!
- Realize no organization, person, time, or place can take away what God has given. Read Romans 8.
Ephesians 2:8,9 says, “For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast.”